Sunday, January 13, 2008

Recent news

I haven't written for a little bit. I got a job working at Cal State. I am working as a captioner for the hearing impaired students. I have been a little overwhelmed with job this first week. I do love what I am doing and am looking forward to doing this for many years to come. I am grateful that Heavenly Father has answered our prayers with my new job.

In other news, Hunter, Hallie, and Shawni had the all star tournament this weekend. Shawni's team lost the first two games and won the last one. Hallie and Hunter won the first two games and lost the last one. They will be going to the Tournament of Champions in February. On Saturday, Hunter had a break away and ran into the goalie. Guess what happened? Hunter broke her big toe on her right foot. Yeah. We love the doctor's office. We seem to spend so much time there recently.

I love all of you.

4 comments:

Letti said...

It wouldn't be a great soccer year without one of the Cardoza's getting hurt. Congratulations girls. Good Job.

Amelia said...

Congrats Lana!! It's always exciting and sort of frustrating starting a new job..next week will be better!! Oh, what's a captioner??

Tasha said...

Congrats on your new job! But, sad about Hunter's toe. No fun! Especially to have to go on a weekend.

Lana said...

I go to class with the student and write everything that the teacher says and the student reads it on my computer screen. When I go home, I edit my notes and email them to her. I like what I do, but I would rather do court or depositions.